EV Charging Units now Available At Tingley Garden Centre
When Tingley Garden Centre opened, we wanted to make sure we went the extra mile to reach our goal of becoming a more sustainable business. Located just off the M62, this was an excellent opportunity to increase the offering of electric vehicle charging stations around the Wakefield and Leeds area.
Our pathway to sustainability included using a large proportion of our car park to install Electric Vehicle Charging Units so that electric vehicle users travelling through West Yorkshire have greater availability to charge their cars quickly and efficiently.
Compleo, a leading manufacturer of quality AC and DC charging stations, supplied 54 electric vehicle charging units along with 2 rapid charging units, which we’re thrilled to announce are the first to be in the UK! The entire installation was managed by Westwood Energy.
Our charging units are supplied with power from our 1200 solar panels and when needed, backed up with 100% green electricity, which is generated from natural resources such as sunlight, wind, and water.
The two different methods of charging available
1. Plugging into the AC charger which can deliver up to 22kW AC power is great for those looking to charge their vehicles and have a leisurely shop around our centre.
2. If you’re in a rush or on the motorway and need to recharge, plugging into our rapid DC chargers that are 50kW each will charge your car at round 200 miles per hour! This gives you chance to grab a takeaway coffee from our Costa machine and stretch your legs ahead of your journey.
HOW TO USE
Our Electric Vehicle charging points are located at the far end of our car park.
Using our charging units is quick and easy, you just need to follow these 6 simple steps:
1. Scan the QR Code but do not connect your car to the charge point
2. Follow the prompts and input your charge point id
3. Complete the payment authorisation
4. Connect your car to the charge point
5. End your session and disconnect your car
6. Payment is automatically taken at the end of the session
There has been a huge increase in our knowledge when it comes to electric vehicles and the positive impact they have on the environment. Combining this knowledge with the surge of electric vehicles in today’s market along with government support for purchasing electric vehicles, sales have been increasing rapidly over the last couple of years and there are now over 590,000 electric cars on UK roads.
Located off Thorpe Lane in Tingley, South Leeds, 5 minutes from the M1/M62 Lofthouse Interchange
Tingley Garden Centre, Thorpe Lane, Tingley, WF3 1SL
Telephone:- 0113 285 9753